Thursday, December 06, 2007

Surprise 1: Demonstrating preferences

Darrell has always love to steal a few bites from me whenever he catches me having my dinner. Today is no exception...what is different is that on previous days he will just take anything i give him without much fuss, however, today is pretty different. I gave him some rice and potato from my bowl and he was munching away when suddenly he let out a whine and i asked him, "Why Darrell? Why are you crying?" and Darrell mouthed out a "Dont like!" and point to the potato...and i asked him further, "You want rice?" and he responded with a "Yeah". I was really surprised and amused at the same time as no one taught him the phrase "dont like" and i am not sure where he concoted them from..probably he heard that from our daily conversation. In addition, this is the 1st time i have seen him establising a preference over food and making a conscious effort to make sure his preference is taken note of....awww...my boy is really growing up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home